Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The messy room

I have completely and totally decided that my 12 year old daughter is not my child.  How in the world can someone have a room that looks like this.  Now mind you ~ we do chores once a week on Sunday.  They consists of cleaning and vacuuming rooms, cleaning their bathrooms (I refuse to clean that mess) and putting away laundry.  Not to much to ask ~ Right.  It is only ONE day a week.  This is what Cassie's room looks like within 1 day of cleaning.


How hard is it to put away your clothes?  Not that hard right?  Well, I have taught Cassie how to wash her own clothes.  I refuse to wash clothes that are just scattered all over the floor and hanging out her drawers after I spend my time washing them..

And what about straightening up that dresser?  Is it that difficult?  I am debating whether I should do it.  Maybe I need to go in there with a big black garbage bag and through everything away.  Clothes and all....


The there is the issue of the desk. Boy can you imagine your desk looking like this.  I can't imagine mine looking like this.  Oh what, my children share my computer, or used to now that my wonderful husband bought me a laptop, and the desk used to look like crap.  Shit all over the place. 
So here is my dilemia.  Do I let her keep her room this way because it is her room? Or do I make her clean it, or should I say I will, since this is my house and she is "borrowing" that room until she leaves for college?  What or what to decided....

I think I will discuss it with her.  To let her know that she might come home one day to find her room "clean"...AGH the joys of being the boss!!!

Tracy



No comments: